Smile design uses a combination of cosmetic dental procedures to improve the appearance of your smile.
Often only a few small changes are required to create a complete smile transformation. Through a combination of cosmetic dental procedures, such as veneer and dental implants we can give you the beautiful smile that you have always desired.
TOOTH COLOURED FILLINGS
- Your dentist will check any fillings in the teeth first.
- A very small amount of natural tooth material needs to be removed – just enough to prevent the veneer making the tooth look or feel bulky. For this reason, it may not be necessary for the dentist to numb the tooth.
- Preparation time will depend on how damaged the tooth is and whether it needs to be built up with a filling first.
- The dentist will need to use a putty-like material to make a mould of your mouth (called an impression), so the dental technician can tell the shape and size of veneer to make for you.
- Your dentist will glue the veneer made by the technician to the tooth when you next visit.
- Veneers can greatly improve your appearance. They hide imperfections, and you lose very little natural tooth material.
- Veneers also protect teeth from any more damage. Tooth surface can be dissolved away by acid in the mouth (usually from too frequent consumption of certain kinds of food and drink): this can make teeth very sensitive to hot and cold. In this situation, veneers can protect the teeth.
- If the tooth is strong, a veneer is often a better option than a crown for improving a tooth’s appearance.